Your winter boots have been replaced mid-season, you started taking vitamin D supplements, and you have finished three different television series on Netflix. That’s right, it’s March, it’s still Winter, and everyone is (still) miserable. “But it’s March” you say? We know, but Punxsutawney Phil DID predict six more weeks of Winter, so we’ve put together a snowmergency kit for some Winter hair and skin revival. We can see the light at the end of that tunnel we call Winter, and we’re going to see this season through looking fab.
A WINTER SKIN GUIDE
Winterproof your skin by doing this simple tasks below:
• To ward off dryness, cleanse your face just once a day. We recommend doing a face cleanse at night, and a simple rinse in the morning.
• Alcohol dries the skin, so during the cold months, keep products with high levels of alcohol on the shelf. Exfoliate your body and face only once a week with a gentle scrub or a washcloth.
• Take short showers. Over-bathing can strip the body of its oh-so-important natural oils.
• Moisturize! Lather up at least twice a day to combat dryness. The dryer the skin, the thicker the moisturizer.
Your Winter Look:
Jade, esthetician at MAX The Salon in the Short North, created this look to keep you looking bright using the Youngblood makeup line we carry in the salons.
Brighten up your eyes with a wash of Platinum show from the Starlet palette. Smudge black shadow or black kohl pencil along the top lash line for a sultry, sophisticated look. Finish this with a pop of color in the lips and cheeks. Try Youngblood gloss in Siren for a deep berry shine, and a Temptress pressed mineral blush.
AN END OF WINTER HAIR GUIDE
Keep your tresses in check by following a few pointers:
• Shower less. Much like winter skin care, showering less keeps your hair hydrated and healthy.
• Take a break from the heat. Avoid blow-drying your hair to avoid that static mess. Take it a step further, and avoid heat tools as a whole. Not only do they dry your hair out, but they can cause breakage.
• Use a leave-in conditioner to lock moisture in. It truly is a great product for a quick fix!
• Color your hair for the transitioning season! Have some fun with the end of winter/beginning of spring by changing your color up! Consider burgundy, reddish brown, or a fun ombre for starters!
Your end of winter hair product lineup. All products available for purchase in The Charles Penzone Family of Salons:
Davines MoMo Shampoo + Conditioner: Its particularly rich formula has been created to deeply moisturize dry, dehydrated hair, making it soft, silky and full of body without weighing it down.
Alterna Bamboo Luminous Shine Mist - A sheer styling mist that gives hair instant polish and shine for lackluster locks.
MOROCCANOIL® Intense Hydrating Mask- Great for dry, damaged, or thick hair, this hydrating mask contains oil–rich formulas to deeply hydrate and condition your hair, while dramatically improving hair’s texture, elasticity, shine and manageability.
Posted: 3/6/2014 9:45:46 AM
Mary Sundermeier, PR Coordinator
comments (0) | Categories: Hair