Beach volleyball champion Kerri Walsh wearing a new type of athletic tape.
(Natacha Pisarenko/The Associated Press)
Believe it or not, a little colorful tape can go a LONG way to helping deal with everyday aches and pains and even injuries. And as of today, we’re so thrilled that we’re able to provide it to you with the introduction of the Kinesio taping
method to our spa!
Remember seeing Olympian Kerry Walsh Jennings with a spider-webby looking black shoulder deal on the beach volleyball courts? Yes, that is kinesio tape
, and it can do amazing things!
was invented by Dr. Kenzo Kase, a well-known Japanese chiropractor and acupuncturist who brought his methods of taping and the design of the tape to the United States. It is currently used by chiropractors, athletic trainers, physical therapist, and massage therapist, just to name a few.
is designed to facilitate the body’s natural healing process while allowing support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting the body’s range of motion. The tape also helps to alleviate pain and facilitate lymphatic drainage by lifting the skin in order for the muscles to heal. Kinesio taping is used to successfully treat a variety of orthopedic, neuromuscular, neurological and medical conditions. Almost anyone can benefit from the taping, and believe it or not, 85% of those using it are non-athletes!
And now, one of our very own massage therapists is a Certified Kinesio Tape Practitioner
(“CKTP”)! Beth Granich, a Senior Massage Therapist and member of our Spa Advancement Team has completed the necessary coursework, seminars and has passed the written and practical examination and is now open for this incredible service!
Currently, the kinesio taping service is available to you in two ways:
Kinesio Taping Add On To Any Massage
During a 15 minute service, your problem area will be taped using the kinesio taping methods. Cost of this service is $20, and each additional area being taped within the same appointment is $10 each.
Kinesio Taping and Assessment
As a 30 minutes a la carte option, your problem area will be taped using the kinesio taping methods. Cost of this service is $40.00 and a massage not included. Each additional area being taped within the same appointment is $10.
Think you could benefit from the kinesio taping method? We strongly encourage you to give it a try! Give us a call 614.418.5350 or hop online to schedule your appointment!
KINESIO TAPE FAQS:
How to prepare for your taping:
How to care for your application:
- Skin should be dry and free of oils, creams or lotions. Beth will thoroughly swab the area with an alcohol pad to make sure the area that is being taped is properly prepped.
- If needed, Beth will trim or shave the body hair in the area that the tape will be covering to allow for the tape to adhere best and work most effectively.
How long will my taping last:
- It is recommended to wait at least 30-45 minutes before getting your taping wet or engaging in vigorous activity.
- Do not place direct heat on your taping including heating pads, hot packs, blow dryers, etc.
- Kinesio tape can be worn while bathing, showering and swimming. When drying off, pat or blot your taping dry.
- A taping can last anywhere from 2-4 days. Please note that excessive or vigorous exercise and extreme heated conditions may result in your tape needing to be removed earlier than expected. Please perform these activities with caution while tape is applied.
Posted: 11/15/2013 1:45:52 PM
Beth Granich, Senior Massage Therapist, CKTP, Spa Advancement Team
comments (0) | Categories: Massage